Friday, October 3, 2008

MY MAN...BOTOS!

I know that you most of you know my husband, but I do call him Botos, he does have a real name... Jason. He is my best friend, awesome coach, loving daddy & great guy.
Things he enjoys: fishing, coaching baseball, playing baseball (he did in college); doing man jobs. Now some of those man jobs consist of many things but some he has learned this summer were welding; he put up a metal fence in our backyard and a small lean to shed (mini-mini port to cover all the toys & bikes). He did a great job. He actually tore down our patio today so he can start on our new patio, which is going to be metal...much rather pay someone to get it done, cause time is very limited for him by the time he gets home from work.

BUT just recently (in the last two weeks); he has purchased a new rifle to start hunting. He is so excited about hunting, all into it too... he has been target shooting twice, found land to go hunting on..wanting a 4 wheeler or a mule to drive; deer stand, you name he wants it... so any birthday gifts & Christmas gifts getting him hunting equipment.

Now Botos and I met my first year at college, I played basketball & he played baseball at Wayland Baptist University. Our first official date was on Oct. 25th, 1996...kinda a odd date cause I was baptized on Oct 5th. We dated for 7 1/2 years before we got married on June 21, 2003. So on the 21st of every month we try to beat each other by saying "Happy Another Month" & on the 25th of every month. Silly I know but being athletes we compete by who says it to who first. This past summer we celebrated 5 years of marriage.

We celebrate each anniversary by visiting a baseball park/stadium. We watch a team play and whomever they play we watch them the next summer. So far it has gone in the following order...Astrodome; KC Royals; Red Sox; Yankees. We failed to make it to one our 5th due to a storm this past summer. So next summer we will hopefully catch two next summer.

We have a really good time together; either us two alone or w/the kids. The name BOTOS is a unique name; pronounced bodus...I am glad to be a Botos....I love you babe and very thankful for all you do; I know I probably don't tell you all the time or show it but I love you with all of my heart. Very proud to be your wife, the mother of your children and your best friend.

I LOVE YOU SUPER WAY BUNCH!!!!

Until tomorrow...Mama Botos

No comments: