Friday, December 12, 2008

Things U See while driving...

I have had the luxury of driving a bus pretty much every day this week. But I tell ya, I see the darnedest things...most of the things I see deal w/animals. I always tend catching them peeing or pooping or getting it on w/one another. BUT yesterday leaving Quitaque, I looked to my left and noticed a large animal then to my surprise there was two large wild hogs humping!!! In someone's drive way...I started laughing and of course the girls were wondering what I was laughing at and some of them saw it too!!! Other things I tend to see are cows running away from each other, donkey bucking wild OR... seeing a grown man trying to ride that wild donkey!!! He fell right off onto the other side...

This week the girls basketball teams were defeated by Seymour...played ok but the same silly mistakes. Wednesday I drove the Elementary kids to UIL at Muleshoe. (dairy farms everywhere). Speaking of those kids...Childress Elementary kicked some major butt!!! We R Wild About UIL!!! I was very impressed with our kids, their effort, the way they behaved, & competed. These kids were out to WIN... I am sure if you knew I was driving the bus or one of them you may not have let your kids go, by the way I had only two sick ones on the way up there.

Yesterday, I drove the JV girls BB to Tulia, opened up against Nazareth!!! Got our butts handed to us on a silver platter...but I took my little girl Cora with us. She was so excited to ride the bus...she crashed in the middle of the aisle right before Turkey and slept all the way. Its so nice to have her around on road trips...the girls really help out with her and enjoy her company...she keeps us young. I don't get to see my kids very much during this season...being a coaches kid is tough...it seems like lately I leave when they are asleep and come home and they are asleep... I did surprise them the other night after my trip to Muleshoe. Since I drove the Bobcat Bus and I was in the neighborhood, I drove by my house and honked the horn!!! Their faces were priceless..."mommy is here with the big bobcat bus!!" So they rode with me to put the bus up...it was the highlight of my day and I'm sure theirs. I love my kids!

I have to give my husband kuddos for being Mr. Mom here lately and its cutting into his hunting time. I appreciate your help babe and you will get a deer this season!!! I love U!

Until next time....Mamabotos

2 comments:

Marci said...

I'm sure you see plenty. Just glad you make it home safe...and my kid too!!

Ryan Mills said...

i'll have to tell my dad. it was driving him crazy why he saw the bobcat bus in his neighborhood.