Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dealing w/a Loss...

Today I lost my Granny, Evelene Moore (my dad's mother). She had been battling cancer (Lung Cancer) for a year and half. Then put in hospice the last 6 months.  My Granddad decided he that he would take care of her, which was so awesome. In the last year during the school year the kids and I would go eat supper w/the every Wednesday night.  But there are so many other precious memories I have of my Granny.  It is a sad day, a very sad day for us Grandkids & My dad, aunts, & uncles, even great-grandkids (Jayla, Addi, Aaron, Kennedy, Cora, Jantz plus many more.) I believe they will let Jayla out for the day of the funeral, which I am assuming it might be Wed.. But she has to be back that night. Whom is doing awesome, in rehab right now. don't be shocked if you see Amber or Justin in town, they are trading off every 3-4 days. God bless them! 

I know people lose someone that is close but this is really the only 2nd death on our side of the family in 29 years. Which we have been very fortunate & all healthy. As of matter of fact my Granny's mother is still leaving at the age of 95!!! She is known as "Fat Granny", just a name but her late husband was "Babe". Who knows... 

Granny... I love you so very much and I already miss you. But I know it must have been your time. With you knowing that you were alone and knowing that everyone was okay... Can't just say Grandad's house, it will always be Granny & Granddad's.  I know we will meet again someday in heaven. I cry tears of sorrow and joy right now.  I love you Granny!!! 


Until next time... mamabotos.

6 comments:

Marsha Meacham said...

Casey,
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Granny Evelene. She will be missed by many. I can shut my eyes and still see her face when she would laugh about something.

MMeacham

MammaBotos said...

yep... loved her laugh.... Thanks Marsha.

granny f said...

Casey,
My heart goes out to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Faith

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

so sorry!!! glad you have so many great memories with her...until you meet again and start making more!!!
love ya, girl!!

Marci said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you were fortunate enough to spend time with her and have great memories. If you need anything let me know.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I'm so sorry, Casey. I was very, very close to my grandmother and when she died my freshman year at A&M I was devastated. What makes me feel oh, so better is to know she is pain free and lovin' life now! She's not even thinking about her earthly life because it is nothing compared to what she's experiencing now. And you can rest and look forward to seeing her again, which is so exciting, isn't it?